Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Jennifers

God has blessed me with two Jennifers in my life. One, I've known for years, the other, a little over a year. I often wonder what I ever did to deserve the friendships that I have, and to this day I still dont know.

One of the Jennifers, the one I've known the longest is like my kid sister. My mom will sometimes call me laughing, having read one of our comments to each other-usually with name calling involved. Chickenhead, dork, Kiki, Jenny, its all been used before. We have so many things in common. We both have two children, she has boys, I have girls. She may eventually be crazy enough to have a third, but thats all her, I want no part of that!

She inspires me to think outside of the box. She is creative, even if I make fun of her creativity, I really love it, but its my job to aggravate the kids sister right? We are alot alike with our attitudes, shes my "google queen", and I'm her "pick your battles" friend. She is a wonderful person, a little timid compared to me and Traci, but a wonderful person. We can have fun together, because we both accept our differences, we dont have to be attached at the hip when we shop, and we are pretty honest with each other. Jennifer is one to nicely break things to you.

She has really had alot on her mind lately. Our conversations have changed. So my prayer for her is that one day she will know "her worth". I want her to know how creative she makes me, and how she laughs at her husband and enjoys his humor, how her eyes light up when she thinks of her children. We are both sentimental "fruit loops". I say that lovingly, because we both get choked up when thinking about our families and the memories of our childhood. Jennifer, know that you are worth the hand of your husband walking beside him and not behind him, the breathe of your boys that you gave them, the push you give me to get out of my comfort zone, and an ear to listen to anyone who needs it. Love ya Chickenhead!

The other Jennifer, one that I have known for such a short time, but I feel like I have known her forever is the truest form of faith that I have ever seen.

One morning, when Mallory was still a baby, I was dropping her off at the church daycare. My mother in law had been telling me about a little girl at their church that was really sick with cancer a few weeks before. As I am walking Mal in, I pass a woman, her young son, and her daughter. At that moment, I knew who the little girl was, I choked back my tears until I was safely back in my car, and then in the quiet, I lost it. I was a mother hurting for another mother. I didnt know her at all, but God did. It was then that God began really working in my life.

For a long time after we starting to go to the same church, my heart ached for Jennifer anytime I thought about her. Just a few short weeks later, Emilee died, but that is where Jennifers inspiration really started. She still engulfed herself into our childrens ministry, and even though I knew and still know that her heart breaks everyday, her faith in God has pushed me on the days I forgot my faith. She is one of the most inspiring people I have ever had the chance to know. God put her in my life to fully show me what faith should be.

Jennifer is such a sweet person, she has been plagued with an unimaginable loss, but to meet her, you wouldnt know it. She is the one that Christ shows His face through. A gleaming light for the world to see, without any sign of tragedy. She has taught me more than I could ever repay. A friend and I were talking one day about her finding someone to love her like she deserves to be loved, but to us there is nobody good enough for her. She deserves so much more than any one person could ever give her. One of her treasures is waiting on her in Heaven, the other beside her. Jennifer, I hope you realize what an inspiration you are to so many people. You are a light for Christ, more than you know. Love ya sista girl!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot.. you just RUINED my make up! It's hard for me to read those things, but I know God laid that on your heart for a reason and for that I'm grateful. We are sisters, sisters in Christ and for that I'm even more grateful. I value your friendship, your advice, your listening ear, and even your sarcasm about my "creativity"... and then you snag the idea! :) You are as wonderful on the inside as you are on the out. I love you, and I don't tell you that nearly enough! May God truly bless you this day and always. xoxo Jen

    ReplyDelete