Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Sister From Another Mister

God is a truly amazing God. He brings people into your life for lots of reasons-to teach, to love, to hurt, to strengthen, to humble, to mentor, and to inspire. I have friends that do all of these things for me. Traci is my honest, tell you whether it hurts your feelings or not, see the other side of it friend. I feel like we are the same on so many levels. I know that she will tell me what I really need, not just what I think I need.

Being an only child, I never had that sibling connection until Traci. The only thing I feel like we are missing are the genes. We could never NOT be friends, we know too much about the other. ;)

I have so many memories of our 15 year friendship. Where do I begin? We met at a doctors office in Callahan where we both worked. For a few years, it was just me, Traci and Connie. People came in and out but no one ever lasted. We were the only ones tough enough (or stupid enough) to stick it out. We only became closer. The three of us would go shopping in St Augustine, to each others house for parties, out to eat, just the normal stuff.

I couldn't imagine my life without Traci. She is always the one I call when I need the truth. Just a couple of weeks ago I called her, and told her I needed some "Traci" time. Her response was.."uh-oh, I dont know if thats a good thing or not", but she never hesitated, her only question was "what time?" I know that about her. I felt such a relief when that lunch was over, like a weight had been lifted.

She has comforted me through a divorce, chastised me when my priorities weren't right, cried with me when we both lost a wonderful friend, and loved me unconditionally through all of it.

I know that our relationship isnt the same, because we are in two different places in life, but it will never fade. I love her now as much as I ever have, and I know that she loves me too. Life has a tendency to come full circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment