Thursday, January 21, 2010

Quarky toddler talk

I am the proud mother of two girls, 10 and 4 (going on 20). My 4 year old, like many 4 year olds has her own lingo. She gets very annoyed with us when we dont get it, and I feel like I need a college course so that I can "get it". One of my favorite words that she says is "Cuge" (the mallory definition is: large, gigantic, enormous). She says it with such confidence, like she knows exactly what she's talking about, and wish we did!

My favorite Mal word of all time would have to be "babing soup" (mal definition: bathing suit). I will miss this one the most.

It took me a little longer to figure out what "Cudding" was. Simple, I know. (the mallory definition: pudding, any flavor will do). I know that I should correct her, but it would seriously ruin my enjoyment. And besides, I dont think I have ever heard an adult call anything CUGE!

So she comes to me a few nights ago and says "Sarah, my friend finally turned 5, so she can babysit me and you and daddy can go out on a date." First of all, this raises so many questions...to begin with, how does she know what a date is? I have never discussed this with her, and secondly, where does she figure that a 5 year old can babysit if her 10 year old sister can't? Gotta love that toddler math!

"Lesterday" (mallory definition: yesterday, even if it was months ago) she gets on her cell phone (an old phone of ours that no longer works) and talks to a little boy named Austin. She says to me from the backseat..."Mama, Austin asked me to go out with him" I said "Really, and where are you going out to?"..."the stower (mallory definition: store) to buy me candy." she said. I quickly replied, no and we would discuss it later. That discussion never came.....

As you can see, there is never a dull moment here. My girls keep me young, or at least they attempt. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment